Giving by the Numbers
CASL is a 501c3 non-profit corporation headquartered in Sarasota, FL, founded in 1998 by Scott and Heather Eller.
A study done by the Morrison Institute for Public Policy released in May 2021 quantified the cost savings at about $21,000 per year for each chronically mentally ill person who has stable housing and support services, breaking the expensive cycle of emergency room visits, police interactions and incarceration. If you quantify the Morrison Institute numbers with the number of clients CASL is serving today that equates to over $8.8M annually. Where the humane, ethical thing to do also turns out be the cost-effective thing to do.
Transforming Lives through supportive housing
• Help those with intellectual and developmental disabilities
• Help someone transition from homelessness into stable housing
• Renaissance Manor scholarship program; Help sponsor a resident
• Donate to our Food pantry program
• Donate to our General Fund